CompEx `e` - Increased Safety
CompEx type of protection `e` is a type of protection in which additional measures are applied in order to give increased protection against the possibility of excessive temperatures, and against the possibility of the occurrence of arcs and sparks in normal conditions or under specified fault conditions.
Areas of usage:
- Zone 1 or Category 2 or EPL Gb
- Zone 2 or Category 2 or EPL GC
- All gas groups.
CompEx type of protection `e` requires IP54 as a minimum.
Type of protection `e` requires the use of certified terminals in every case. The following rules apply:
- One conductor per terminal.
- Wires must be crimped.
- Soldering is not allowed.
- 50mm separation between `normal` and `IS (intrinsically safe)` terminals.
- All (even unused) terminals must be tight.
|Glands||Certified glands only:
|Blanks||Certified blanks only:
|Serrated washer||Required on painted surfaces|
|Earth tag||Required on plastic enclosures without earth continuity plates|