C&G 2365 Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations
If you are looking to become an electrician and have no opportunity to start an apprenticeship, the City & Guilds 2365 Level 3 Electrical Installation qualification is now a recognised route. The course is open for candidates from 16 and above and is ideal for adult learners without any experience in the electrical industry.
The C&G 2365 Level 3 QCF qualification is a replacement for the old C&G 2330 Level 3. The course covers everything from the ground up and is designed for all candidates wanting a viable entry route into the electrical industry, regardless of their age or background, little or no electrical experience.
If you want to become a fully-qualified electrician working on industrial, commercial and domestic installations, achieving this qualification is an effective first step. It allows you to study all aspects of the electro-technical industry without having a job in the trade. If at a later date you find a job then the NVQ component can be added by completing the performance units of the NVQ on site, as well as completing the AM2 assessment, which will enable you to become fully qualified as an electrician.
This makes the C&G 2365 qualification an ideal course for adult learners without industrial experience
C&G 2365 course contents
This qualification is usually offered as a 16-20 week full-time course.
The course is mainly focused on practical work, but there is also a classroom study element which covers electrical theory from the science basics to electrics and installation work.
Practical training involves training on commercial and domestic installation, single and 3 phase systems, armoured cable, pipe bending techniques, steel conduit and installation trunking, etc.
The C&G 2365 qualification can be achieved on both Level 2 and Level 3.
Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations modules:
- Unit 201 Health & Safety - Practical & Theory Training
- Unit 202 Principles of Electrical Science (mainly theory based)
- Unit 203 Electrical Installations Technology (mainly theory based)
- Unit 204 Installation of Wiring Systems and enclosures (practical & theory training)
- Unit 210 - Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering (practical & theory training)
Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations modules:
- Unit 301 Environmental Technologies (mainly theory based)
- Unit 302 Principles of Electrical Science (mainly theory based)
- Unit 303 Electrical Installations: Fault Diagnosis and Rectification (practical & theory training)
- Unit 305 Inspection, Testing and Commissioning of Electrical Installations (practical & theory training)
- Unit 305 Electrical Installation Design (practical & theory training)
- Unit 308 Career awareness in building services engineering (mainly theory based)
C&G 2365 exams and assessments
Throughout the course you will be assessed by a range of methods including online exams, practical assessments and written assignments.
C&G 2365 Level 2 Exams & Assessments:
- 201 Health and Safety - a 75 minutes online test with 40 questions plus one practical assignment
- 202 Principles of Electrical Science - an 90 minutes online test with 40 questions
- 203 Electrical Installations Technology - a 90 minutes online test with 40 questions
- 204 Installation of Wiring Systems and Enclosures - Practical assignment and supplementary questions
- 210 Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering - a 75 minutes online test with 40 questions.
2365 Level 3 Exams & Assessments:
- 301 Environmental Technology Systems - a 60 minutes online test with 40 questions
- 302 Principles of Electrical Science - Practical assignment and a written test
- 303 Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification - Assignment and practical task
- 304 Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning - Assignment and practical tasks
- 305 Electrical Systems Design - Assignment and a written test
- 308 Career awareness in building services engineering - One theoretical assignment.
As you can see the majority of these modules are assessed by way of online multiple choice exams. On the following pages you will find question papers and exam simulators for some of these exams.