17th Edition Amendment 3 News
We now know for certain that a new amendment to the IEE Wiring Regulations is in the pipeline.
According to the IET the third amendment to BS 7671:2008 Requirements for Electrical Installations will be issued in January 2015 and is intended to come into effect on 1st July 2015. Installations designed after 30th June 2015 are to comply with BS 7671:2008 incorporating Amendment 3, 2015.
This edition will be a new yellow book with far reaching changes.
These changes are expected to include (but are not limited to) amendments in the following areas:
- Consumer units (to come into effect January 2016)
- Wiring in escape routes
- Changes to earth fault loop impedances for all protective devices
- Updated EIC and EICR forms
- Changes to definitions throughout the Regulations
- Risk assessment approach for the omission of RCDs in non-domestic situations
- Changes to max Zs to take into account C min
For now, you can read about the proposed changes in more detail on the IEE website here. As soon as the new book is out we will cover it in full detail.